Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Saturday Fun???

We had a busy Saturday for sure. First thing in the morning I, along with my camp director Andrea and 2nd counselor Shanna, went to town and did all the food shopping for girls camp. Thanks to Andrea's great organization skills it only took us about 3 hours. Not bad.


After unloading everything at Andrea's house I came home to this. Yes, I think his tractors sexy!! Mark was plowing and discing our field so he can get it replanted.


He informed my he is very glad he is not a farmer for a living. Our little bit of land is plenty for him.


As of today it is all planted and just waiting to grow...we hope. I think Mark makes a great farmer.



After shopping and plowing and discing we had to continue with preparations for girls camp. Girls camp is at a place called Wheeler Ranch. It is a big field and yes the wind blows. Last year our ward got put in the middle of the field and the wind hammered our tents. They were no good any more. So we were told we could use a big canvas Army type tent that the scouts had. However no one knew when it was last put up, what condition it was in or if it had everything to put it up with. So we enlisted our husband to load it up, haul it to Wheeler Ranch and put it up for us.
Look at the box it came in!! When I saw that I was afraid of what we were getting into. Any tent that comes in a box that size was going to be HUGE, I was thinking maybe a tent city. It did take 4 guys to even load the thing!




We arrived at Wheeler Ranch and opened the box and to every ones great happiness there was actually three tents in that huge box. Luckily one of them was without holes. So not having a clue how it went up, we began.



It really was a group effort. We were sure happy we went early and had our husband to figure it out.




It really didn't take as long as we thought it would and to my great relief it really didn't take up the whole field.



So, with great thanks to our husbands our set up Wednesday morning will be a breeze.
We were tired when we got home and I'm not sure I would call it my funnest day ever but we really did get a lot accomplished.







1 comment: