Thursday, June 11, 2009

I don't want no more of Girls Camp life...until next year

First just let me say I do NOT enjoy camping! It just is not my thing. That said I love Girls Camp. I was very blessed with a camp director, Andrea, and my 2nd counselor, Shanna, who do like to camp and know how to camp and put up with me and made it awesome. Thanks guys!! So I thought I would share a few pictures of this years Girls Camp. The stake did an incredible job yet again. The theme was "Let your light shine in 2009". I am really glad I went!
Here are some of my young women getting there pictures taken.

Setting up camp

Home sweet Home. Notice our shade. We had no shade and it was hot, so Shanna and I decided we could make shade. We are brilliant, maybe a little bit redneck, but brilliant.


My favorite thing at camp is sitting around the camp fire at night.



Bishop Bauer came up for testimony meeting on Thursday and then joined us at the fire for a little while. He should have stayed a little bit longer. After he left we started playing games and missed all the fun. They decided I needed to play the old lady game. Oh MY Goodness it was funny!!! I was a big loser. Then we played Hi Yah. I am still sore from that!



There is always hair braiding at camp



Uno was a camp favorite. Don't they look excited?



One of the girls favorite things to do at camp is the Monkey Bridge. They have it there every year and every year it is always covered with girls. I admit I have never even tried it. Shanna was a pro last year and Andrea made it look easy this year. Kensie had it down too.


We were actually driving out of camp on the last day and we had to stop so the girls could have one more go at the Monkey Bridge.




One of my other favorite things about camp is you can just be goofy and no one cares! In fact they just think it is great. Tiffany is one of mine and Kensie's favorite people. She was at our camp a lot and we were glad because she made it so much fun. I'm really not sure how many marshmallows she has in her mouth but I promise it was way more than I could put in mine. She is also the reason I was a big loser at the old lady game! Thanks a lot Tiff!!
So Girls Camp was great and I survived. Maybe by next year I will be ready to tackle it again!








3 comments:

  1. We go to camp next week. I hope we have as much fun as you guys did! We are total city campers though and sleep in the adies....
    Did you guys do any pranks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome fun. I am with you, I am not great with camping. I would rather be in some posh hotel. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Where do they hold girls camp now. I'm pretty sure we never had a monkey bridge or I would have been all over it.

    ReplyDelete