Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kirtland High School Gaduation 2009

I am still having a hard time believing that my baby girl graduated High School. It really has gone by way too fast. I am so proud of her. She really is a beautiful young women both inside and out. There is just no words to express how much love I feel for her and how special I know that she is!! I can't wait to see what the future holds for her. I know it will be bright.

Graduation was held on Saturday morning. It had rained and rained and we woke up to a cloudy day, but the rain held out until after graduation. It was a really nice ceremony. Best of all Kensie really did get her diploma! I will even confess that I was weepy during the whole thing. Not only did Kensie graduate but I had five Laurels graduating. It was a lot of emotion to try and hold in.

Kensie was really praying the rain would hold off because the girls had the white gowns on and her dress underneath was white with small purple flowers and she did NOT want to be that revealing on her big day!

If you look really close you can see Kensie at the mike. She was picked to sing two songs with three other girls. They did an incredible job and sounded beautiful! Kensie has a beautiful voice and I always love to hear her sing. Oh to be so talented!!! I also have to point out that three of the four girls were my Laurels. I am so going to miss those girls.


Kensie has always been wrapped around her Daddy's little finger. I don't think that is ever going to change.



How grateful I am for Jonette!! She is so special to me. I know how blessed Kensie has been to have her as her best friend. I am so happy they will still be together for college.



Isn't this picture just lovely? Mark and I had the opportunity to help with Project Graduation. It really was a great time. We started setting up at 6:00 and we got home around 3:30 am. Kensie took this picture at around 2:00 and I was so tired! Isn't Mark so funny!!! It is such a neat thing the parents do for the graduates. They had so much to do, tons of food to eat, and they got incredible prizes. I did learn something that night, I am really too old to stay up all night. It kick my behind!!! Just think I only get to do this two more times. Unfortunately thoses times will be here before we know it.
Congratulation Kensie!!!!




4 comments:

  1. Congrats Kensie. Thanks for thinkin' of us and sending us a graduation announcement. They were really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it! Where is she going for college?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has decided to stay here and go to San Juan College. It sure is cheaper and I'm selfish and really glad she will still be close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how fast this happened. It is very exciting. Congratulations Kensie!

    ReplyDelete