Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break

For spring break the kids and I loaded in the car and headed for my sister Liane's house in Gilbert. (Mark had to stay home and work) We went through St. Johns and picked up my Mom on the way. When we got to my sisters she was tending all four of her grand babies. I was so excited because I think she has some of the cutest grand babies in the world! Because it was beautiful weather we were playing outside. One of the first thing they wanted to do was to pick a snack. Yep, all of the citrus trees were loaded and so picking we went.

They had grapefruit, lemons and oranges so for our snacks we went for the oranges. They were so yummy!!



Kade enjoyed preparing our harvest.




Shayli and Anden enjoyed eating our harvest.


Lexa just couldn't wait for us and just started her snack peel and all!




Doesn't that just look wonderful!! I also got to bring three bags full of fruit home :)




Brecker is still too little to care one bit about citrus but he sure loved Kensie!





Liane, Mom and I decided to just sit and enjoy the sunshine. On our way down my cell phone rang about the time we were in Globe. It was Mark. He was just calling to tell me that it was really snowing hard at our house. So when we pulled up to Liane's I just had to call him and let him know that it was 81 at Liane's house!! I loved rubbing that in.



One of the reasons we went to my sisters is so that my niece, Kesseli could take Kensie's senior pictures. They turned out fabulous!! She took 243 of them so we are still trying to decide which ones we want so I will blog those later. Thanks Kess they turned out so good!
We went to visit my brother Doug and his family. I took my camera but didn't even take one picture! Doug and Heatherlea have a great family and we love to visit them. They are always so much fun. Heatherlea has a salon and it's name is Shear Chaos!! With their 6 kids their house always has something going on and is always so much fun! Thanks Heatherlea for trimming up Kensie's hair!



On the last day of the trip Kade got sick. He spent a little bit of time bowing to the porcelain God. It was a bummer!! My mom's dog Gypsy tended him though. He is starting to feel better.
Also while we were at my sisters, my Mom and Liane sewed Kensie a jacket for her prom dress. I can't thank them enough. It turned out just beautiful and now Kensie will be modest!
It really was a fun trip and we got a lot done! We loved the warm weather and are already missing it since we woke up to snow this morning. I just can't wait for spring break next year!!








1 comment: