Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cheer State

WOW!!! What an incredible experience for our girls! I am so proud of them. They worked so hard and did such a great job. They didn't place but I think they should have. They performed the cheer portion Friday morning and the dance portion Saturday. It was so much fun to see all the cheerleaders and dance teams in 3A and 4A perform. After they were done with the competition on Saturday and before the awards, the UNM and NMS cheerleaders and dance teams performed. All I can say is WOW!!! Artesia took state in 4A! That was not a surprise, this was their 4th year in a row! They were really, really, good. Just like in football, dang it! So...Kensie is officially done with cheering! I asked her if she was sad and she just said she is so relieved! Unfortunately with cheering comes drama and she is so done with that!!!




This was right after their cheer on Friday.


Kensie and Jonette. They are too cute!


Mark wanted a picture with the girls to put in The Man Room.


I just had to have a picture with my girl!


This was Kensie's biggest fans. I had the shirts made at work. You can see the KC Cheer on the front and Kensie was on the sleeve. The boys were not to sure about wearing a shirt that said the word CHEER on it but they did it for Kensie. We had just got to the competition and as you could see the boys weren't exactly thrilled with the fact that they were going to spend two days watching cheering and dancing. We had not yet gone inside the arena at this point. The looks on these two boys face sure did change when we got to our seats and sitting below them was probably 1000 hot girls!!! They really didn't mind suffering through it as much then.



Kensie has been a nanny in the summers for the last three years to these cute girls. She loves them and they love her right back. Tammy, their mom, brought the girls and they cheered on their Kensie! That meant so much to her!
I am just amazed that Cheerleading is over for Kensie. Time really does fly! All I can say is she really went out with a bang! Great job Kens!!!





2 comments:

  1. I just can't get over seeing her grown up. I remember the 1st time I saw her at Link and Linda's when she was about 6 months old. Just a round little bald baby! What a pretty young lady she grew into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. I love these moments where you know as a mom, you will never forget it. I love your boys expressions. That was priceless.

    ReplyDelete