Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pine Wood Derby


This Wednesday night for mutual it is combined ym & yw and the ym are in charge. They planned a Pine Wood Derby. For all you die hard Derby racers, this race has only two rules.


Rule 1: You cannot have anything on your car that obstructs another car.


Rule 2: You must race the car you bring. (no adding hymn books for weight at the church)

We decided for Family Night we would make our cars. We made some great cars!!






Here is Mark and Kade cutting our cars. I'm sure they are breaking every safety rule known to man.


Kace and his Hershey Bar Car



My Pink Pig Car
Kensie's Bathtub Car-It is my Favorite
Kade's car is the block of wood the says "This is Kade's Car" in green marker -He is so creative!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun thing to do. Your cars look great. You will have to let us know who wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest cars I have ever seen. I also can't believe how much Kenzie looks like you. I thought that picture on the side bar was you! What a beautiful girl. Holy cow--your boys are handsome too!b

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOPS! Kensie--sorry I have been spelling it wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I blogged hopped over to your blog from shayla's too! Hope you don't mind! I have been wondering about you guys for awhile now. I thought you still lived in Snowflake. We are trying to update addresses for the reunion. 20 year coming up! Send me your address if you don't mind. I am glad you started to blog...check mine out I have tons of links to alot of our classmates! Glad you guys are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan told me about your blog! I love it. And, I LOVE Kensie's car.....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you joined the "cool" crowd!!

    Love the car's...wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ran into Shayla at the kids school and she told me that I had to check out your blog. All of you look great! The kids are sure growing up fast. The pinewood derby cars are pretty cool. Colton liked the Hershey bar and Whitney liked Kensie's bubble bath car. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete