Thursday, February 19, 2009

Basketball...Finally

The kids and I were finally able to go and watch one of Mark's basketball games. They have been playing for several weeks but most of their games have been the late, late, game or they have been on Mutual night. But tonight we got to see them play. Mark has been playing with this team for three years and he really loves it. The first year they were really good. But the last couple of years they have been struggling a little bit. This fact makes Mark kind of frustrated. My theory is it is all Nate's fault, they just can't play without you. Guess you will have to move back. It is still really fun to watch the games. Mark still loves to play and I still love to watch him play! Here are few shots of the game.




Mark getting it down the court.


Check out the follow through.


Playing a little D.

Just a little breather.




Just a big breather! In high school he hated sitting out, now that he is 39 and has bad knees he doesn't mind it as much. They lost the game but there is always next game.



5 comments:

  1. Oh the memories that come flooding back of Michael J Sherwood, I mean Mark Sherwood and basketball! That is about all I can even remember about him as kids. In fact when I saw your blog the other day it reminded me about him and his obsession and his close resemblence, I must say, to Jordan. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed that he only needs a couple of breathers in the game. :) The only thing missing is a red and white jersey and a cute cheerleader--oh yeah he has two now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gina and Mark. I happened across your blog today...and wow. I think you boys look like Mark and your girl looks like Gina. Anyhow, I'm glad you crazy kids are doing well, and that Mark is finally playing a little D! Take care. Aaron-- lambsonbleat.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just suck! I think it is Nate's fault too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for the blame, you know what they say bad publicity is as good as good publicity. Unfortunately if basketball and the amazing people Kirtland, NM were the only things involved we would be back tomorrow! Love you guys keep fighting, penetrate and kick; we all know mark has that fluffy jumper that always falls.

    ReplyDelete