Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Mom For All Eternity



On January 17 my mom returned home to Heavenly Father. It was such a shock and I was not ready to let her go. My heart hurts in a way I did not know was possible. The absolute knowledge that sometime in the future I will be with her again and then I won't ever have to tell her good bye again, is the only thing that makes it even barable. I have been so extremely blessed to have her in my life almost daily for the last 40 years. It's the next 40 some odd years I simply don't know how I can exsist without her. I know that it will be through the power of prayer that I will manage without her.


If I had to descibe my mom in one word it would be "classy"! She was just classy in all that she did. For the last two and a half years she fought an illness she knew would win. ( even her doctor thought she had a few more years with us) That did not change her at all. She fought it with class, dignity and grace until the very, very end. I am so very proud of her and love her with so much more than my heart!! I will do my best to follow her amazing example and get through this with class, dignity and grace until I do get to see her again.

1 comment:

  1. Gena I have thought of you so many times lately. I am not sure why I do at random moments. I've wished I had your address to write to you. I hope that this even posts because your blog has a weird way of posting comments. Anyways...I just wanted to let you know I was sad to hear about your mom. I know how close you were and I can only imagine the pain you feel. It is so strange that we are at an age where are parents are starting to leave us. I just hate it! It is hard to know what to do or say when it happens too. Just know I am sending you my love and wishes of peace. It makes me sad that you and shay have had to go through this...I hope that things are a little brighter for you. Soon your grandbabies will be helping you and taking your mind off the sadness...won't that be great?! Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete