Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Quick Trip

A few weeks ago Kensie had her worst week ever. ( 1st real boyfriend= 1st real heartache) It seemed like everyday that week something happened to make it worst. I decided it was time for a change of scenery so that Friday after work Kace and I (Mark and Kade stayed for football) gathered her up, drove to St. Johns and picked up my mom. We then drove to Gilbert to spend the day with my sister. We took Kensie over to my brothers house and my sister in law, Heatherlea, cut and colored her hair. Just spending anytime with Heatherlea lifts your spirits. She is just too much fun! One of Kensie's favorite cousin is Doug and Heatherlea's daughter Anslea. Of course she was there for the whole hair appointment so that also made Kensie smile. Her hair turned out adorable and that always makes everything better!


Kensie thought maybe a drink would make things better. They went for the hard stuff: Dr. Pepper and Figi Water!




The rest of the afternoon we just got to hang out at Liane's house and visit and play with her grand babies. Those cute little one's were great therapy for Kensie. She loves the little one's. One of the best things is that Liane's daughter Kesseli had her third little boy a week before so we got to love on the newest baby. As you can see Kensie loves him. They had a really good nap together. -a little side note- this sweet little new one is Tayce Carmichael Goit and is my sisters fifth grand baby. He is my parents thirteenth great grand baby.


Later that evening Liane's son Jace called some buddies and they all took Kensie out. She had a blast!

Sunday morning we headed back home. It really was just a fast trip but just getting away and spending time with family was really the best medicine. On the drive home Kensie told me it was all going to be OK because as she put it "I'm date able"!! Yes she is. Last week she had two dates in one night. Time really does help and Kensie's heart is mending nicely!!

1 comment:

  1. What a good mom you are. That is one dumb boy if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete